Choose To Be Happy
November 7, 2008
Just Be Happy
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."
Just be happy. Sounds too simplistic, doesn't it? But, in actuality, we can have much more happiness if we choose to consider things from a positive perspective.
Everyone experiences the ups and downs of life, however, we can make a decision to dwell on the negative or practice what the old saying says to do: "When life give you lemons, make lemonade!"
It really boils down to your attitude and you have the ability to mold your attitude into any shape you like.
Here are some tips:
You're human, like everyone else, and from time to time you need a little pick-me-up in your decision to be happy. When you reach that stage, find someone else who has decided to be happy. Join forces with him or her and march forward in your decision to be a happy person.
- Ignore those who tell you that life is too difficult to be happy. What do they know?
- When you awaken each morning, be thankful for another day, even if it's raining.
- Smile at those you meet, even if they don't return the favor.
- Don't borrow trouble. Each day has enough of it's own.
- Don't allow trouble to bury you in its gray mire of sorrow.
- Don't give in to negative thinking.
- Be positive even when others are not.
- Refuse to give up on anything worth having or doing.
- Do something you enjoy each day, even if it's just a walk in your neighborhood.
- Whistle as you go through the day.
- Work at being happy because it's worth it.
Simply speaking, a happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
Choose today to just be happy - as much as it depends on you!
--- Aseem Kaistha --- Submitted by Lauren C. --- New Jersey
Have something you would like to share?
An insight that has helped you?
We invite you to submit a story/article/poem.